The Pirates of the Caribbean series now contains 5 films: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Dead Man’s Chest, At World’s End, On Stranger Tides, and Dead Men Tell No Tales. The films follow the adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow with appearances by Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann, and Captain Barbossa.
The films are based on the Pirates of the Caribbean rides in both Disney World and Disneyland, in Adventureland and New Orleans Square respectively. Due to the popularity of the films and the classic rides, many pirate themed experiences are available to Disney guests.
Tortuga Tavern is a pirate themed restaurant also located in Adventureland.
During certain special party events, guests at the Magic Kingdom have the chance to meet Captain Jack Sparrow himself. He will give you his autograph and take photos with you! He also makes an appearance several times a day at Captain Jack’s Pirate Tutorial, located across from the ride.
Visitors can make reservations to be transformed at The Pirates League. Many makeover packages are available, including empress and mermaid.
Disney has only recently added The Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas, an interactive treasure hunt through Adventureland. Guests receive a map, and using the clues provided, hunt through Adventureland occasionally triggering traps and secret messages.
- Visit the La Belle at The Bullock Texas State History Museum: FREE the first Sunday of every month from 12pm-3pm. 1800 Congress Ave, Austin
- Texas Pirate Festival: Although located outside of Austin, the Pirate Festival is worth the drive! There will be live music, great food and crafts for sale. July 8-9 at the Middlefaire Village in Hillsboro, TX
- Printable Pirate Stickers
- Zombie Pirate Pouch
- Pirate Ship Telescope
- Make your own treasure hunt with Pirates of the Caribbean Treasure Hunt Cards
- Jack Sparrow Voodoo Doll
- Printable Jack Sparrow’s Guide to Being a Pirate
- Decorate a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Aztec Coin Medallion
- Captain Jack’s Compass